Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Look Not On My Works But my Dreams

                  Behind my house -- how strange is 'my house'
                            'Our house' for so many years
                      Behind 'this house' stands an obelisk
              fashioned of concrete, ceramic tiles and creativity
                            Buried within its dark interior
                          the 'frozen in time' dreams of us
                           who love its now gone creator.
                         Opened one day by plan or hap
                            it will not ring of Ozymandias
                         No one said 'Look on my works'
                            Our vision is less lofty            
                                       LOOK ON
                                  'the places I will go'
                                  'the things I will do'
                        'the peace I will work to bring'
              'the reading list I have left for an increasing oral world'
                      'the best sketch I have done to date'
            Behind 'this house' the still yet unfilled dreams of us
        who survive the creator of this small but lofty monument.

2 comments:

  1. It made me cry. It is touching and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did also. I agree: touching and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete