Sunday, July 14, 2013

From Here Where?

   Four short months ago (one hundred and twenty long days ago) my mate of fifty four years died. In another time I could count on one year for mourning -- without pressure from those would control any money left to me, from those who would exploit my vulnerability of loneliness.
    Four financial groups have offered advice. Each suggesting they are not pressuring me, but what they have to offer is--.
    Four computer sites offering to find me mate have sent me multiple e-mails.
                  If I am a Christian I can find the perfect mate.
                  If I am over fifty-five I will find  a suitable mate.
                  If I sign up I am assured a match.
    And not to be taken lightly the acquaintance who would move in on my grief offering a shoulder to cry on.
              How does one deal?
              One problem at a time.
    My guidelines, and I think I have my head screwed on right,  are:
    For finances take time to evaluate where I  am financially. Consider offers to help with dubious inspection, knowing that offered help is not without costs.
    For attacks on my loneliness take time to corral emotions, knowing that a wounded heart needs time to heal.
           TAKE TIME
           TAKE TIME

1 comment: