Tuesday, February 6, 2018

VACATION PLANS ARE MADE

Barely 6 AM.
Janice was jarred from sleep. She stumbled to the phone.
Who was calling at this ungodly hour?
“Hello.”
“The week is up. I have my list ready. Got yours?”
“What?”
“Janice, are you OK? Did I wake you?” Mazie.
“No Mazie. I am always up at 6 in the morning.”
“Is it only 6? My god it is. I’ve been up for – never mind, I’ll call you back later. When is a good time?”
Janice yawned. ‘Noon’, she thought but said, "No. I’m up now.”
“Oh good. I have my list. Can I come over?”
“Now?”
* * * * *
The numerous repeats of each list were tossed. The eight remaining were folded and dropped into a bowl. “Who picks?” Mazie asked.
Janice picked as the designated by toss of a coin plucked the destination from the bowl. She unfolded the paper, stared at it, grinned broadly.
“Well?” Mazie asked.
“We’re going to St Augustine Florida.”
Like

No comments:

Post a Comment