Friday, July 24, 2015

I Took A Vacation

The time elapsed since my last entry is not without reason. My usual calm sedate life has been filled  with exciting, wonderful and sorrowful  EVENTS.

One of my longest held desires was realized. During with my first Latin class with Miss Black at Cumberland County High School I developed and nourished an ache to see, to stand in, to experience the place where Paris, by choosing the most beautiful goddess, started a war which would lead to the founding of Rome.

This year that ache was alleviated. My daughter, granddaughter and I indulged my fantasy. We went to Turkey.

A wonderful trip.

Followed by my coming home and dealing with the fact that my youngest, who for so many years had lived fifteen miles from me, was moving to Florida.

But those distractions are over. Or at least I hope so. And I shall return to "STUFF WRITTEN DOWN".

No comments:

Post a Comment