Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Endive in June

    Julia tires so easily of anyone or anything that is not somehow connected with her. That is most likely the reason she came to the bad end she did. But that is not important today. She will have to wait.  For Today I have my own problems. Today I have to deal with curly endive Have you ever noticed how in times of crisis the smallest event can set off a torrent of emotions. That happened to me today. It started out innocently enough. I went grocery shopping. I wandered through the produce section of the supermarket. My whole being was shaken by curly endive.   

                                                       CURLY ENDIVE

                                 Curly endive available in June from any grocer
                                                        One might think
                                                   One would be wrong
                         How many years now have I looked but not found curly endive in June
                               Two years I grew my own which barely was ready by June
                          Other years I went from grocer to grocer in towns near and far
                                                    I always managed
                                                    I had to manage
                             My husband wanted curly endive for his June birthday dinner
                                                     It’s June again
                        This week without looking I found curly endive in three grocers
                                         I easily found curly endive in June
                                                  He died in April


1 comment: