Saturday, February 9, 2013

Things are things or not

   I feel a bit miffed with myself that I am so intolerant of Julia when she is irascible. And she is often just that. But in all fairness I realize she had a rough go of it. You have to just read her biography (THE EMPERORS'S DAUGHTER available on Amazon e-books)  to see how trying her life was.  I know, and know well, that she was without some of her most precious things when she was exiled on that isle so far from Roman civilization. I know she did not have her THINGS.

   This got my thinking going. What does it mean --Our things?

   This got me further thinking about MY THINGS

                  MY THINGS
My things
   My things do not hear
   My things do not care
My things
   Where will they go when I am gone?
My things
   in cluttered array on shelves, on tables, on walls.
Would that I could be an Egyptian Pharaoh or Celtic Prince.
My things would go with me to whatever afterlife I have.
My things would not be relegated to the dumpster or a garage sale.

Julia do you have such thoughts? I wait for your answer. I think I need your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment